CAD - Drawing Arc Slots
There is no audio on this video. Here is a description of the drawing steps:
- Draw an arc using the arc tool (you can tweak the center point, radius, start and sweep angles in the property editor).
- Convert the arc to a polyline (CTRL+P)
- Edit the polyline points and copy the bulge on the first point to the second point and change it's sign.
- Mark the polyline as closed
- Do Edit -> Offset and enter the radius of the slot you want.
What you are doing is creating a closed shape that completely back tracks itself.
This method will work best with the 0.9.6 release and later. Earlier versions may have problems.